No Pain - No Gain
Sciatic nerve - guess what? I have one! And I found it!
It apparently likes to show up when I attempt to pull entire treetops across a tract of acreage on my own. At an angle. A funkified angle.
So, it has been there all week so far. That, and the lacerations to my hands. In my in-laws defense, they told me several times that I should wear some work gloves before tugging and pulling on all those tree limbs and berry vines. I just can't do gloves. Having my hands covered is something I just cannot do. So, I have a couple of blisters and about 15 cuts on my hands and arms as well.
Everything should be healed up nicely by tomorrow, though. Just in time to go back over there and do it all over again.

5 Comments:
As one who has formed a blister, popped a blister and caused said blister to bleed uncontrollably all in a single weed-pulling mission, I beg you... bite the bullet and wear some gloves!
Hooboy...
You gotta do the gloves, Judy- not only do they save your hands from wear and tear, they will actually increase your grip and pulling ability if they are the right kind!
I hope your boo-boos heal up FAST!
Ouch! Of course everything will have healed by the time you have do it all again.
It's one of mother natures little jokes she plays on us.
I actually had to have a splinter surgically removed by my doctor a couple of years ago because it dug in deep and got infected. And I wasn't even bare-handed! I was wearing crappy, worn-out gloves that didn't provide proper protection. So I highly recommend good gloves! Trust me - a painkiller shot in the pinkie huuuuuuurts!
You don't wear gloves for nasty tree work stuff? Girl! Learn! It's in your girl handbook!
Post a Comment
<< Home