Blaze Of Glory
I wake up in the morning,
And I raise my weary head...
(come on, all you Bon Jovi fans, you know you're singing that song now!)
This is what becomes of deadfall in East Texas...
These were taken Friday afternoon when we first lit the "burn pile" at my in-laws' house. That was only the tip of the forest, so to speak, that we ended up burning all weekend. I think my eyebrows are only slightly singed.
At one point, the smell of the oak burning gave me an almost uncontrollable desire to get some marshmallows and shove them on a stick, but the mingling of burning sweetgum was enough to deter that - YUCK!
We burned ALL.WEEKEND.LONG. No kidding. That sucker is probably still smoldering. And we still have so much left to do...

8 Comments:
My goodness, what a mess Ike caused and a lot of work too. Man, I'm craving me some s'mores right now too! :)
Oh wow! Very cool fire pics nonetheless.
what a mess!
....my hubby would love to live in a place where we could burn trash & debris....
As you know we've experienced some whopper storms this year - including the 100 mph winds that drove a trampoline through my neighbors house...
Well with all the tree's that were down the situation here is quite different.
All those felled tree's were cut up, piled and then HEAVEN FORBID WE BURN THEM! Because fires are not allowed since they were banned 3 years ago by the council because 'some' residents 'may' have asthma and any burning could make them have to 'stay indoors'.
So now we have to pay $$$$ to have every little branch, twig, stick and grass cuttings picked up.
:)
Rest In Peace mighty oak tree.
I'm going dowwwwwwwwwwn, in a blaze of glory.....yeah, thanks allot Judy! I will be singing for the rest of the day :) But, its OK really since Bon Jovi is on "My List" of men...you know THE list, right?!?
Yeah, but I thought you were going to write some posts about trees or something....?
Wow...that is SOME fire! Whoooweee!
Kendra
Post a Comment
<< Home